Political Risk Insurance is a risk transfer tool to protect a company’s overseas sales, assets and investments from losses resulting from:
- Currency inconvertibility, meaning the inability to convert foreign currency to contract currency, or to transfer hard currency out of the foreign country.
- Cancellation of export or import permits by government.
- War or civil unrest in foreign markets.
- Breach of contract.
- Expropriation, confiscation, nationalization, and deprivation of rights of ownership or control over assets.
- Non-payment by a sovereign buyer.
- Protecting your foreign assets and investments against losses arising from unforeseen actions by a foreign government.
- Lowering the risk of establishing an overseas or global presence.